The organization's name is Rehabilitation International Norway - the forum for habilitation and rehabilitation.
RI-Norway has been established to help to establish networks between government, management levels, professional groups, trade unions, user organizations working with the habilitation and rehabilitation, and communities engaged in this activity in other countries.
The organization's purpose is to promote development within the area of habilitation and rehabilitation, and services to users by:
- to promote contact between professionals, academic institutions, users and authorities
- arranging meetings with lectures and discussions
- organizing seminars / workshops / voluntary work, etc.
- to initiate investigations and other measures in the area
- to collaborate with other organizations for the same purpose
- to actively participate in the Rehabilitation International and related bodies
RI is a global network with all important stakeholders, promoting the rights and inclusion of persons with disabilities and/or health problems, through means including advocacy, habilitation, rehabilitation to achieve an inclusive world where all people can enjoy active participation and full human rights.