About Nordic Welfarecenter
Nordic Welfarecenter, NVC, is an institution under the Nordic Council of Ministers, social and health sector. Nordic Welfarecenter is a powerful tool in the Nordic cooperation in the social sector. Department notifies its operations after the challenges of the Nordic welfare society is facing and will help to develop the Nordic welfare model. Efforts to promote inclusion of vulnerable groups, equality of citizens, social solidarity and the availability and quality of social services.
How does NVC work?
- Organizes and funds focused conferences and seminars
- Systematize knowledge and give support to development projects
- Organizes workshops, lectures and compiles research
- Develops recommendations and guidelines that help to strengthen the Nordic welfare model
- Promote knowledge exchange within the Nordic countries, EU, Council of Europe and the United Nations
NVC: s organization
NVC consist of a board with representatives from the five Nordic countries. The board is appointed by the Nordic Council of Ministers.
In total the organization consist of about 25 employees and estimates an external income of approximately 30 million Swedish kronor per year.